Request for Financial Assistance Application
Important information on applying for financial assistance.
Who Can Apply
If you have further questions reach out to us at (406) 862-8146.
Child requiring travel is 18 years old or younger.
Family resides in Montana.
Child custody is parent(s) or the legal guardian(s).
Treatment is occurring outside of the child's community. Minimum distance from the child's / family's community is 100 miles.
Treatment must be prescribed by a licensed physician. Verification from the child's medical doctor may be requested.
Family has limited financial resources to cover medical travel expenses.
Fill out the online application
**Please read our policy form for complete information before applying.**
If Your Application Is Approved
- A Travel Reimbursement Form will be mailed to you. After your travel, fill out the form and attach all receipts. Be sure to sign the form. Your signature is verification that travel occurred for medical treatment reasons and that you did not receive other funding for these expenses.
- Once completed, mail the form and receipts in the self-addressed envelope included with your travel reimbursement form. You should receive reimbursement within 30 days of our receiving your form and receipts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Doug Betters For the Children assist with medical expenses?
Why do I need to provide receipts?
How far is outside the community?
What are your income eligibility requirements?
My child has insurance, can I still get help?
What does “reimbursement basis” mean?
Can I apply multiple times?
How long will it take to receive my reimbursement check?
For The Children, inc.
- For the Children, Inc. does not pay for medical expenses.
- If your child has Medicaid or HMK, we compensate for those expenses beyond what they will reimburse. Please do not request reimbursement for expenses covered under Medicaid/HMK.
- For the Children, Inc. has the right to refuse financial assistance at any time.
TRAVEL EXPENSE POLICIES:
- Transportation is based on round-trip mileage to treatment city regardless of form of travel.
- Lodging is based on per diem. Please note that For the Children, Inc. uses a set rate to estimate lodging expense. If actual hotel rate is more, the responsibility of the remainder is to be paid by applicant. If actual rate is lower than estimated rate, For the Children, Inc. will only pay actual rate.
- Meals are based on a per diem rate. We provide financial assistance only for one adult and the child who is in need of medical care. Any child age 12 and under will receive half the adult per diem rate.
- Please note that the following items will not be reimbursed:
- Alcohol or Tobacco products.
- Junk Food – potato chips (including Doritos, Cheetos, etc.), candy, chocolate, liters of soda, high energy drinks, etc.
- Incidentals including but not limited to toiletries, diapers, toys, etc.
If you are approved, you must provide us receipts for your travel expenses in order to be compensated. The dates on these receipts must match the dates of your child’s treatment.
Contact Us Now
Have questions? Please call (406) 862-8146 or fill out this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.